Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Wednesday Night 08-08-2012

I spent Wednesday camping at Tube 'n Axe. It rained for most of the day, which made the grass wet, and the soil beneath it muddy. The first few hours I spent on a couch reading Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas. The lady working at the front desk, Rebbecca, was from Germany. She came down to volunteer at a nearby school, and was leaving the following week after being in South Africa for many months. There were also people from France, specifically a town near the border of Germany ( which I could not pronounce), as well as other Germans.

I also met a man from Cape Town who came down to see his brother, who lives in Tsitsikamma, for his birthday. A few of his friends accompanied him. One of them helped start up a new restaurant in Rondebosch called Bongos. If you are in the area please check it out and tell me what it's like, it sounds interesting. I also met one of the guys who work at Tsitsikamma Backpackers ( +27 (0)42 281 1868) called Mitchel. he told me there are a few places he can show me that tourists never get to see. Sadly I could not get hold of him the next day but when I come past I will take him up on his offer. If you are in the area I suggest you do the same.

The warmth of the fire, the vigor of the conversation and the interesting mix of music (which ranged from Marcy Playground to 2pac to Tenacious D) made the idea of braving the cold night to a wet tent very unappealing.  Plus Freddy bought me a beer. Eventually I called it a night and woke up to a clear sky.

No comments:

Post a Comment