Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Jesters Pub

I do like my taverns; of this I am not ashamed. The reason is, simply; the people. A pub environment offers you social interaction with a wide variety of individuals that you would not normally meet, engaging in well-lubricated discourse. Ah, the hyperbolic exclamation of love and appreciation. Oh woe to the sombre drunk who stares into his tankard in the search for a shimmering speck of hope. A pub should not be compared to a club, in which the loud thumping music makes your idle prattle sound like cheeky, witty banter. No my friends, I mean a Pub. Finding a good one is always difficult. In Knysna, I have found mine

Just next to the Knysna library is a little bar called Jesters; not to be confused with the alternative club in Port Elizabeth. Ah what a wonderful place this is. Steven behind the bar is the cocktail of sardonic wit, wells of information and a fine conversationalist if ever I have met one. For all of Knysna's rolling hills and beautiful sunsets, I think I shall miss Jesters the most. I have met some of the most interesting people of my life in that establishment. It keeps drawing me to it by some magic, and the hours melt by, because I do not want to leave.

It helped make Knysna feel like a second home. Thanks to all.

If you want to get the lay of the land, place you finger on the gentle pulse of Knysna; unabated and passionately told, then that is the place to start. And when you do pop your head in there, tell Steven I say hi.

Tuesdays: Backgammon 6pm onwards
Wednesdays: Happy Hour 5-6pm
Thursdays: Ladies' Night 6-9pm
Friday: Happy Hour 5-6pm
Sundays: Come Braai With us
Also: Jenga - Darts - Wicked Cool People
@ Memorial Square - Kynsna





No comments:

Post a Comment