Monday, August 13, 2012

First Morning 08-08-2012

So I survived my first night.


Luckily, when I woke up early, the rain had subsided. Even though my fold-out tent says it is waterproof, there was a thin layer of moisture on the inside of the fabric. Having a bright neon-green/yellow tent made the morning light uncomfortably bright. I had not officially checked into the campsite simply because the gate to the caravan park at the bottom of the main road was open, but there had been no one at the office. As I woke up the manager greeted me and explained that were I had chosen to pitch my tent was far from smart. I went far in in an attempt to not be easily seen, but because of the dark I did not realise that I parked right next to the location. He told me I was lucky they didn't cut my head off. So now you know: always park as close to the office as possible.

Now, as I got into my car I had a nagging inclination to just drive off without paying. I am glad I did not. They only charged me R25 for the night and offered me a shower. At first I rejected the offer, but the thought of a nice hot shower was irresistible. Am I glad I took them up on their offer.

Following that I had my ceremonial Wimpy breakfast. For some reason I think every road trip should involve at least one stop at Wimpy so I thought I would get mine out of the way on the first morning.
After that it was me and the road for a while.



2 comments:

  1. R25.00 for a night!!! Where is this place?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Its at the bottom of the main road, at the T-junction. If you head down the main road you will literally drive through the main gates.

    ReplyDelete