Thursday, August 30, 2012

Fairy Knowe Backpackers


Easily the best backpackers I have been to, hands down. Aside from the beauty of the enclosed canopy of milkwood, and the whelming social area; the staff here make you feel like an old friend who has just popped in for a pint. There I spend the first night drinking with the owner, staff (whom I am told has an amazing Lava-lamp), and two girls in the midst of their own trip. Very seldom to I feel like the least attractive person at the bar, but that was definitely one of those nights.

I even learnt a few new card games, and drinking games.  Seldom should I consider spending more than one night at a place but it happened at Fairy Knowe Backpackers. Though I had such a good time, and met such wonderful people, I could not help it. N and M were lovely company. I did learn that sleeping in a hammock is a lot easier when you are drunk. When you are sober things like comfort tends to be more important.

It was one of the greatest times I've had since beginning this trip at Fairy Knowe Backpackers. Ben who works there gave us an interesting tour down the old railway line. It was one of the oldest running railway lines but closed down around seven years ago after heavy floods. There I found something amazing, but that is a story for a different day.

If you are young and want to have fun, then this is a good place to stay. Also, you must ask to see Ben's lava lamp. It is amazing, says the guests. It will be the highlight of any trip.

And they have employed a real-life fairy; her name is Mack.





No comments:

Post a Comment