Monday, November 19, 2012

Treckosskraal

Not every place worth staying at will be found on a brochure. Let me tell you about one I as told about. Both the barmen at Pirates at Langebaan, and the owner of Seekombuis told me about a far about seven kilometers out of Paternoster on the way to Vredenburg. No you will not find it on Google Maps. There in lies the beauty of it.

This is a road that lead to a private stretch of pristine beach, were many people go to pitch their tent and camp. There is no running water or toilets, so its really ruffing it. Normally I would dip deep into my barrels of descriptive words and try and pain the pictures for you, but I thought that no matter how good i am at writing, I would not be able to do things any real justice so I took some pictures instead.


Now before you all abandon your hotel bookings, jump in your town cars and head out to the pretty little place in the middle of no where; there is a caveat. The road is not tar, nor is it a nice gravel. My Mazda 323 earned some serious hardcore points in getting me through this. There were times I had to take sand bank beside the road at a forty five degree angle, just to avoid the rocks. It's not about the bakkie you have in your garage, it about the bakkie you have in your heart.

So if you are packing a tar-eating 4x4 machine, then you have to take this detour, even if it is simply to justify having the petrol-downing monster.

Safe travels, and enjoy the road.

No comments:

Post a Comment