Saturday, November 3, 2012

Pirates Bar - Langebaan


Yes, I went to the bar just because of the name, but I am glad that I did.

This is a real locals' bar, with charm and atmosphere. The interior plays well to the Pirate theme. It easy to find, situated near Club Mykonos, to which there are a thousand-plus signs showing you the way. The bartender is very friendly and exponentially helpful. If you want to know about places to see along the West Coast, then he is the guy to see. I found his company enjoyable and the conversations interesting and insightful. It was the cherry on top of a great experience.

It is the type of bar I have come to appreciate during my travels. You can see all the sights, visit the beaches and stay in the opulent hotels. Yet it is places like this where you really make memories that stick with you. I still think that when you want to find out about a place the local tavern is one of the best sources of information.

Pirates Bar is definitely worth stopping at. Even if you are staying at a fancy hotel it goes on my list of best bars along the coast.

No comments:

Post a Comment