Thursday, September 6, 2012

Bongos Pizza Lounge


As you drive past Wilderness, it is hard not to spot the sign on the forest side of town; with the Rasta gecko/lizard playing bongo drums. Every time I drive through wilderness, I make a point of stopping at Bongos. Over the years it has become a ritual. Their pizza is amazing, and definitely worth trying. The last pizza I ate there had salami, gherkins, jalapenos and mushrooms. It took me three hours to pick up all the bone fragments -- that's how much my mind was blown.

Not if, but when you stop there, you will meet the very friendly Marcia and Anton. No, my opinion of them and their establishment is not influenced by the fact that they gave me a cigar. The ambiance is just really great there. I even met two friendly photographers. They were shocked at the the camera I was (and still am) using to document my travels. Sadly no camera shop has rushed in to sponsor me (wink wink).

If you like pizza nearly half as much as I do, then this is definitely the place to go. They also have themed parties at the end of  every month.


No comments:

Post a Comment